Feeling soooo Sad

Sunday, March 30, 2008

I don't think I wrote on my blog when we got him, so I'll back-up a couple steps. We adopted the cutest little orange kitten at the beginning of February and named him Joey. We were told when we got him that there was a two week return policy of things didn't work out. Things were a little hairy for the first week or so - lots of hissing and growling coming from Rocky, but we figured he's chill out eventually. Of course, we gave it more than 2 weeks.

Well, 2 months later, Rocky and Joey were co-existing, though not always peacefully and my allergies were ever present. We really didn't want to have to find a new home for Joey, but thought it would be better for everyone if we did. I sent out an e-mail to everyone at work and within a couple of days, one of out cat loving managers came to me and asked if we still had him. She called me yesterday and asked if she and her husband could come and look at Joey; stupid - not-prepared-to-give-her-kitten-away ME thought she would just LOOK and then come back the next day to take him if she wanted him....to kind of give us a "cooling off period."

Well, she took him. Right then and there. She looked at him for about 15 minutes and then said to her husband, "Well, let's take him home." Now, I feel heartbroken and am wondering if we should have given it more time. He is the sweetest little cat and really balanced Rocky out. Hmm...We did give HER a 2 week return policy too, I wonder if the same goes for us?

Eeeek...

0 comments: